Anniversary

Monday, August 29, 2011

Lunch

Last Monday was Joshua's first day of school. His first day to his last semester, and if you ask him; "a week closer to freedom." This significant change in his schedule meant a significant change in mine. I hardly noticed it last week as hurricane, "board meeting" swept through our house. It left clothes on the floor, dishes in the sink, half eaten chips and salsa on the table and dirt in the bathtub. (don't you hate those natural disasters). Needless to say we spent the weekend cleaning up the aftermath. But today as life came back to "normal" I realized the most significant change that I hadn't realized before....my dear sweet hubby no longer packs my lunch. Thats right, he used to take the time while I was putting my face on and getting my hair presentable to gather food for us for our days. Now that we dont get ready at the same time in the morning, this is no longer a realistic routine. As I was rushing out the door this morning, just in time, (if you know me, you know I always push the "time" limit) it dawned on me that there was no cute little lunch box sitting on the edge of the table. TOTAL BUMMER. So I scrambled together a couple things and breathed a deep sigh that these four months can't go fast enough!

Disclaimer: Before married, I was perfectly capable to assemble my own lunch every morning without complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment